Friday, July 23, 2010

The Beauty of Shadows



Nothing is more beautiful than to see a woman touch her belly knowing it comforts her unborn child.

I am not going to write a long post today but I just want to remind everyone that we should take advantage of being able to manipulate light and produce shadows by positioning it well. In most color photography the effect of shadows in my opinion does not work quite as well as in black and white or as in sephia photos. In black and white nude photography for example shadows produced by a well define abdominal may look like sand dunes of beaches or deserts. Take your time and position your lights well to get the perfect shadow you want for your picture.

"Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of the shadows, the light and dark which that thing provide." -Junichiro Tanizaki-

2 comments:

  1. Ownn so beuatiful...

    Hi dear, I'm also a photographer, the art of photography is my life, my passion ... I found your blog by a friend and I loved, you have an incredible sensitivity, your blog is wonderful! Beautiful photos and great comments, congratulations!

    Kisses

    *...Butterfly...*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterfly, I missed this comment and sorry for not replying back sooner. Anyway, thanks for leaving me such great comment.
    Kisses,
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete