Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pet Photography

Almost everyone I know takes pictures of their pets and it doesn't matter what level of knowledge they have in photography most pets photos come out well. In my opinion animals are born photogenic and there are little mistakes to make. Those photos are then uploaded to your computer and you share them with your family and friends through facebook, myspace or blogs, some puts them in a frame and place it on a table somewhere in your bedroom or living room. What usually happens when you want to hang it up on the wall in a big painting size like? The usual answer I receive is that it does not look as good as when it was in the small frame. I am not talking about stretching the pixels as most digital camera today comes with 6.0 up to 12 mega-pixels. I am talking on the artistic point of view. Here is where the software photoshop comes very handy. There are lots of types of filters you can find in photoshop to make your normal photo to looking very artistic that your living room deserves.
The photo I posted is my dobermann when he was still in my care, now he is in Brazil with a great family taking good care of him. As you can see in the photo, I have added a texture that makes the photo look like a drawing or painting and it looks very lively and well when I printed it to a poster size and framed it for the wall. This is what in my opinion that gives the extra artistic look that is often not considered by many people.
For this kind of textures that you see in my photo, you can find it under the filter tool in photoshop and choose sketch to look for different kind of textures that suits well to your preference.

"No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend; and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has." - Will Rogers

1 comment:

  1. Que foto tan linda, me gusta la explicación que haces.
    saludos y un beso

    ReplyDelete