Friday, July 9, 2010
Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina
Sometimes going the distance pays it all off especially if you know that you will be potentially taking amazing scenery like the glaciers. It´s almost once in a lifetime chance so be well prepared, get geared up and avoid regretting it in the future. I brought the subject of getting well prepared up because a dear friend of mine who was beside me when I took this shot did not have the same results not only for this particular shot but the whole 4 days excursion. You can imagine how devastated she was when she went to pick up the results. All that could have been avoided by having a check-list. I know everybody has their own check-list and some don´t really need one but this is the almost ritual check-list I do before traveling.
1. Charge the batteries. If you have more than one charge them all.
2. Clean the camera, lense & filters.
3. Pack your camera cleaning kit.
4. Pack your multi electrical sockets adapter kit (Each country have different
electrical socket entry)
5. Pack lots of camera rolls if you are still using manual cameras.
6. Check & pack tripod
7. Check & pack flash, including batteries
8. Bring along an external hard disc to store your photos and empty your memory card.
9. Bring camera manual guide
10.Pack number 1 & 2
I hope you find the check-list above useful and remember to check & re-check.