Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mom´s View



From a slightly different angle the Salak Mountain is my mom´s view when she is in her kitchen cooking. With a view like this in front of your house, everything is done with "Paz y Amor" (Peace & Love).
The Salak Mountain last erupted in 1938 and it gave birth to Salak Mountain II, Sumbul Mountain and Kawah Ratu. That is why The Salak Mountain is considered a symbol of a mother for the local people. Salak Mountain is now a non-active volcanic mountain and is one of the favorite hiking destination in West Java.
This is a HDR (High Dyanamic Range) type of photography and later processed to another software which helps you tone map your photos called the Photomatix Pro. Basically you need 2 or more photos of the same angle with different exposure to make one single HDR photo and this is where Photomatix Pro will help you with a simple process of tone mapping the colors according to your preference. You can choose to edit the contrast in photoshop or picasa if you see it´s necessary.
Find out how powerful HDR photos can look.
"I remember my mother´s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -Abraham Lincoln-

4 comments:

  1. Hi Skizo, thanks for visiting my site.
    Sorry but I did not understand your comment you left me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning...I like the quotes that follow your posts as well. It completes it perfectly.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buenos foto mi amigo, me gusta mucho, cuidate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne - Thanks for the comment and the visit!

    Amelia - Gracias amiga, I didnt know you speak spanish. Thanks for commenting and remember you have to teach me macro photography!! Espero verte en Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete