Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Her Horse

My first photo to share after leaving this blog idle for so many years. I must say, I spent quiet some time figuring out what I wanted until I found myself standing in front of a beautiful horse just inviting me to take a shot. Initially I wanted to take a picture from the front but all just looked so normal and after moving about, I got this shot. Of course in general you cant go wrong with horses and stables but I just want to remind everyone to just move around to see potential angles to make your photo unique and pleasant to look at. Don't be too bothered about a clear foreground, background and how the subject is going to come out. If you're targeting and focusing right in these kinds of photography, you are bound to have a great shot. Also, you need to concentrate on the lines. I can't stress this enough, the basic of a good photo in general are the lines. If having a store is all about location, location, location...in photography is lines, lines, lines. At least in general anyways.

I won't go too much into details on settings cause its on auto focus and on the green friendly auto mode. Message of the day, move about and don't just stand there!

"The essential joy of being with horses, is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit and fire" -Sharon Ralls Lemon-

This photo was taken at Kuda Bahagia Stable, Echo Beach, Bali

2 comments:

  1. Lovely play with the Dof! Stunning composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    And just to clarify for those who are wondering what Dof means, its Depth of Field...the nearest and farthest objects.

    ReplyDelete