Thursday, July 15, 2010

Minahasa House



The Minahasa House is originally from the North Sulawesi Province of Indonesia. It is recognized in Indonesia as one of the best earthquake resistant home construction suitable for tropical region. The Minahasa house is mostly made of cempaka, lingua and jati (tectona grandis) woods. There are no architects or a software involved to design and construct these traditional wooden houses. In fact, these houses are built by craftsman whose skills are passed on generation to generation by families and each generation tend to improve both materials and construction.

This picture was taken with my Nikon N75, ISO 100 black and white film and a red filter. Please refer to my older posts about how color filters may affect the outcome of your black and white photos.

"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to." -John Ed Pearce-

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I've visited your blog for the first time and I've liked it very much.I'm brazilian photographer and I love to know works of other photographes too. I'll follow your blog, ok?

    cheerings,Roberto
    http://clicksderoberto.blogspot.com
    http://riodejaneiropictures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots. You are really good.
    Best regards,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberto - Thanks so much for following my blog and thanks for leaving me a comment and your links. I am also following your blogs, they are amazing.

    Ana - Thanks for your comment, I´m really happy you like my work. I´ve been following your blog for sometime now and all your posts are always interesting. You are so lucky cause you get to travel a lot. I wish I get to travel like you.

    Thanks guys for the cool comments!
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog and wonderful photos!
    Martina from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. No words just photos, I like the concept of your site. Thanks for visiting my site and also thanks for commenting. It makes me smile receiving comments :). Thank you Martina!
    warmest regards,
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rendy, thanks for enjoy poesiaescafandrista.blogspot.com
    I´m glad to come here too, and now i´m following. Congratulations for your work. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quel blog splendide !
    Je reviendrais pour prendre le temps d'apprécier...

    A bientôt...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velia, i love black and white too. I fell in love with black and white when I saw herb ritts exhibition in Vienna. I´m so glad you like this photo and left a comment on it.

    Jeff, thank you very much for the comment...I had to use google translate for me to understand. Please do come back!

    Cheers you guys!

    ReplyDelete