Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Black & White Landscape Photography

I always carry my camera along with me every where I go. Depending on the occasion I would choose what equipment to bring. It was a beautiful Buenos Aires Saturday afternoon when I took this picture in one of Buenos Aires finest parks called El Rosedal. The plan was to only have a walk around the park and go boat rowing so I only took my camera and a 18-70mm lense to take normal shots. During the walk I did not find anything interesting to take but as we were on the small wooden board I turned around and there it was, the perfect sky, trees and small island. Before taking this shot I already thought how it would be in black and white so I decided to take a picture of it. That is what this post is all about today, looking things that is not the obvious and what your eyes directly receives. This photo in color looks like just another photo but when I converted it to black and white the details and contrast becomes alive, the clouds, the trees and the island itself came together nicely giving this photo the wow factor.
So the next time you see something, try to visualize the scene from another point of view for example in black and white, HDR (High Dynamic Range)or sepia and so on. Behind anything normal there is always a potentially stunning outcome. So look out and don't forget to consider the potentials.

If you like this post you might also be interested in the link I´ve prepared to compliment on today's topic:

How to best convert your color photos to black and white

15 comments:

  1. Valéria, thank you very much for visiting and comment.
    warmest regards,
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear,

    The photos in black and white is so beautiful, it's so magical...brings the essence that in the color picture can not see, the details are so clearer ... Your photos are amazing, as a photographer that I am, I admire your wonderful work with images, to bring life to little moments recorded with your camera!

    A big kiss and thank you for follow me in my blog!

    *...Butterfly...*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an amazing image of a beautiful place ...
    So beautiful....

    Kiss

    *...Butterfly...*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment is like seeing a butterfly on a cool yet sunny day. It's a fresh breeze of air after a chaotic day of work and without a doubt the highlight of the day.
    Oh sweet butterfly, I hope the wind brings you back here again. ;)

    Thanks for your awesome comment Miss Butterfly!
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rendy, you are so sweet with me...
    what can I say to you after this beautiful message, hun?

    Of course I'll always go back here and you know why? Because a butterfly
    never forgets the way to a beautiful place,
    a place where it feels good ... I can fly
    over the world, but my little wings bring
    me back to where I want to stay forever...
    in the middle of the picture, moments and
    a special person behind it all!

    Thank you for everything =*

    A big, big kiss

    *...Butterfly...*

    (...... And no doubt it was a nice way to tell me thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterfly, reading this is a great way to start my day! ;)
    Take care of your little wings
    Big Kisses
    Rendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful landscape photography my friend! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di Tikte, thanks for visiting and the compliments.
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent photos, wery nice blog.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Várday, thank you for visiting.
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and white photography is the favorite medium of professionals. With no colour the image is capable to express an essence but not everyone is able to achieve it. And because of it, every black and white landscape photo presented at the gallery is a real work of art. It is the ripe fruit of valid’s comprehension and everyone now can enjoy this pleasure. All large format photographs are published in limited edition and by right it’s a real part of collecting.
    Very nice blog & great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Acrylic Prints,
    Thank you for adding and sharing this in my blog. Also, thanks for the visit and your compliments,
    Regards,
    Rendy Loudewijk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great example of this genre of photography, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am a professional photographer and im liking this post

    ReplyDelete